Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update

I uploaded TICOM reports:

DF-120 ‘Report on the solution of messages in depth of the American cipher device M-209’ , 1948. It is a translation of a German document from the OKH/GdNA archives describing the American M-209 cipher machine and its method of solution. Very interesting file!


DF-114 ‘German Cryptanalytic device for solution of M-209 traffic’ ,1948. It is a translation of a German document from the OKH/GdNA archives describing a cryptanalytic machine used to decode M-209 messages.
I have to thank Randy Rezabek for giving me the location of these files.

2 comments:

  1. DF-120 (TICOM 2794) makes reference to another document, TICOM 2795 "Determination of the Absolute Setting of the AM-1 (M-209) by Using Two Messages with Different Indicators".

    Do you know if that document has been declassified, and if it is available anywhere?

    Thank you for sharing DF-120. I found it very interesting not only for its description of cryptanalysis of M-209 messages, but also its revelations about wartime U.S. message formatting practices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m afraid I don’t have that file and I assume that it hasn’t been declassified yet. It does sound interesting though!

      Delete